Friday, February 20, 2009

presentaion zen

Over the winter break i took with me to india an excellent book, Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds, an american (i think) now living in Osaca, and working as an associate professor of management at Kansai Gaidai University in Japan.

The book is about how to make more compelling and clear presentations, addressing tips for both creating a good deck and delivering the presentation in front of an audience. I found it very very useful and interesting, as he brings not just basic ideas, but also food for thought from other disciplines and a bit from zen philosophy.

The two that stuck with me the most for both design and life (more about them another time) are "Eat until 80% full" and "Be here now and somewhere else later, what's so difficult about that?".

I just found this shortened summary of the book, though I still recommend reading the book, but this might be a handy reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment